Spring + Summer '15 Internship
Over one year in operation, First Seating is a growing start-up looking for a passionate intern to support all parts of our business. We are on a mission to humanize how people work together, tackle challenges, connect to each other and create more impact for the world.
This internship is an exciting opportunity to learn more about running a business, designing unique experiences, and helping nonprofits create social impact. Plus, we eat a lot of wonderful meals together.
- Find, track, and share research on social impact strategy, workshop design, experience design, facilitation, the psychology of thinking, collaboration/group activities, and other related subjects.
- Complete a learning project during the course of the internship, to be determined based on you interests and our needs.
- Join and participate in meetings and creative (and delicious!) internal brainstorms.
- Contribute to First Seating’s social media presence on Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
- Research relevant events and opportunities in Los Angeles to speak at and attend.
- Assist First Seating in business development efforts, including research, outreach and systems management.
- Participate in the Test Kitchen at First Seating, supporting in the development and refinement of recipes to be made collaboratively with groups for future workshops.
- Shadow co-founders during Workshop preparation and execution including research, logistics, materials, shopping, and photography.
- Interested in business strategy & development, experience design, social impact, food & community.
- Should have a curiosity that drives you to discover and be involved in a wide breadth of things: from food and design blogs, to thought-provoking podcasts, and being invested in social causes.
- Curious and eager learner, always looking to find a new and better way of doing things.
- Passionate about the social impact space with a working knowledge of the nonprofit, social enterprise, mission-driven organization space.
- Excellent written and verbal communicator.
- Strong skills in Google Docs, Office, Excel. Working knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop a plus.
- Unpaid internship // In-person workdays include healthy lunches
- Commitment: 12-20 hours a week, minimum 3 month commitment, flexible schedule // Must be on site for minimum 8 hours per week
- Location: Silver Lake, Los Angeles
- Rolling applications for late Summer or Fall semester 2015 - please email email@example.com with your resume and cover letter